I have heard it asked, when confronted by some of the darker or questionable events going on in the world:
“Well, what can WE do about it?”
and felt it necessary to address this question head on.
Here are just a few examples of not only what we CAN do, but what we MUST do:
- Use discernment and question any data, "facts", opinions, etc. and gather information from multiple sources. Make sound decisions instead of immediately taking everything firsthand at face value. (3 sides to every story: Person A's story, person B's story, and the Truth.)
- Be self-reflecting and own up to your weaknesses. If you have addictions (drugs, alcohol, porn, gambling, tv, etc.) then seek rehabilitation/support. Most of these vices ruin the mind, body and soul.
- Be informed and aware - and share your findings/knowledge with others in a patient, understanding way.
- Stop looking up to celebrities, political/religious/global leaders, authority figures, etc. Look inwards instead and find the worth that YOU can bring to the world. (And do a little background digging on these celebrities, "leaders", etc. You may be startled by what you find...)
- Don't spread fear or panic or encourage violence. Spread love and kindness instead.
- Learn to love each other as human beings; not just within your own country but everyone as well. Stop the division of race, ethnicity, skin color, belief systems, etc.
- Stand up for your rights and what you believe in. If something doesn't sound right to you, then please investigate! It's very easy to be misled, especially if the one doing the misleading is an "expert" or "leader".
I believe in the children – I want the best and brightest future for them. I want them to be able to grow up in a world without lies, deceit, corruption, hatred, war…
I believe that Love is the answer, and we will get through this. And we need each other to stand strong and stay united.