With the New Year upon us, and what can probably be agreed upon as 2020 being a most crazy year, what with all the drama and uncertainty surrounding our current state of events and all the political discourse, on top of everything else that has happened, it would be nice if we all, collectively, concentrate and practice our own energy at creating a unanimously better, sweeter, kinder, peaceful new year (and beyond, at that).
Throughout this site, I’ve tried to categorize my posts with “Crystal Clear Learning” and “Get an Earful”, at least until I add a few more. (I also have a category devoted to studying the Bible, which I call “Earnest Examination”, but have not yet set it up at the time of this writing, although there are a few chapters available.)
Negativity Vs. Positivity
To get a better understanding of what can arguably be two conflicting idea sets, and to reiterate what I’ve found while researching, it’s interesting to realize that, according to the studies, people tend to focus more on the negative aspect of things. Now, while I wouldn’t necessarily label the “Get an Earful” series as “negative”, but instead more of an informative nature, the facts remain that most of the material in this category is of a negative connotation.
While it’s meant to inform the reader as to some of the strange, suspicious, and outright corrupt events happening in our world, there can be no doubt that it is filled with “negative” overtones. While the information is important, I think it would be beneficial for us to be knowledgeable about it, aware of it, take action against what we feel isn’t right, but do not dwell on it and focus all your energy onto it. This could lead into a downward spiral into where one loses hope and give in to depression and/or gives up completely.
The “Crystal Clear Learning” series, on the other hand, is meant to focus on what IS the most important factor in the universe. Even though it might seem that we are surrounded by “evil” and corruption, we must realize that MOST of us are not like that, and even if we were, then that is not who we are at the core, and that our “Higher Self”, our consciousness, knows better, and we are all on the same path, learning and growing at our own pace. When we can rise above all the negativity, all the hate, division, anger, pride, etc., is when we really start learning what the world is about.
In the Crystal Clear Learning series, I emphasize that Love and Forgiveness are the keys that will allow ourselves and the world to heal. I’ve made it a point to not just focus on the negative aspect of things and consciously post regularly about higher states of awareness and being. It is enlightening and encouraging, to say the least, when one realizes how much others are being awakened to the state of the world and the steps needed to raise our consciousness and vibrations. Although it seems we still have a long way to go, the fact of the matter is that with everyone slowly waking up (or even if they’re “completely asleep”) we can help the world realize this even further simply by spreading kindness and compassion, and being aware of our own thoughts and actions.
Focus on Positivity and Kindness
That brings me to, what can we do to help this New Year be the path forward to help humanity step up and realize that we’re all in this together and that our energies should be focused on love and compassion instead of negativity and fear?
There are many things we can participate in (or not, depending on the situation…), and I will list some of them below. It is my goal to do as many of these things as I can, to help raise not only my own vibrations/energy, but that of the world as well.
There is also additional advice on my E.A.R. Statement page that I believe would be beneficial in opening our eyes to situations around us.
I also encourage you to make your own list of things you’d like to do (or refrain from, in some cases) in order to try and better our own situation, well-being and that of others and the environment.
- Donate unused/unwanted items. Or simply donate to help someone in need. Whether it be clothes, blankets, toys, food, etc.
- Take a day here and there to help reduce litter in an area you know is over burdened with trash. Make a clean-up day with your family/friends/co-workers.
- Practice patience and tolerance, and random acts of kindness. Simply letting someone in front of you in a checkout line can do wonders at spreading positivity.
- If you have children, teach them love and compassion, instead of encouraging entitlement or privilege. We are ALL deserving of love and understanding, no matter what background we come from.
- Speaking of children, spend time with them. Let them know that you’re there for them. Listen to them and care for them. Likewise, on the other side of the spectrum, spend time with your parents. You never know how much longer you’ll have with those in your life.
- That brings me to, if there are unresolved issues, no matter the relationship (family/spouse/ex/friend/co-worker/etc.), although it can be extremely hard and incomprehensible sometimes depending on the situation, please find it in your heart to forgive them. This isn’t accepting their behavior towards you, but it is to heal your own heart and clearing the toxic cycle and the negative energy.
- Be tolerant of others. There is so much condemnation and animosity simply for having opposing points of views, but if we take the time to realize that we’re all different and have lived (and suffered, in some cases) through different lifestyles and backgrounds, we might have more understanding and sympathy for other’s decisions. Don’t judge or criticize them because they agree or don’t agree with a particular outlook.
- No matter your situation or profession, if there are extreme mandates that you know is not right, do not participate. Be brave and do the right thing. Stand up for yourself and others.
- Be informed and proactive. Instead of reacting to harsh, terrible news and letting our emotions get in the way and leading us to rash, abrupt outbursts or decisions, always research the truth of the matter – and focus on ways that we can actively change the situation into one for the better.
- Donate your time. It’s often easier to donate money or items than it is one’s time, since time is undoubtedly extremely valuable and harder to lend, in some instances. Spend time volunteering at a nursing home or foster care, etc. (If allowed during this “pandemic”…)
- Try to reduce meat intake. Introduce more healthy options in its place. Kinder on the animals, and your body. (And it’s been theorized that it helps raise your vibrations as well.)
- And it should go without saying, but like the suggestion above, we should be aware that animals do indeed have feelings. It’s not only important to treat each other with kindness, but those of animals (and even plants) as well.
- Speaking of plants, try planting a garden, trees or flowers or the like. Spread the green and take note that if it weren’t for plants, we wouldn’t even be alive.
- Take a few minutes of each day, or even hours if you can allow it, simply sitting in peace and/or doing something you enjoy (obviously as long as it’s not hurting others…).
- Think positively. Be aware that your thoughts, whether you realize it or not, is creating energy and perhaps the very reality that you live in.
- Smile. Simply smiling can lift one’s mood, and, bonus, it helps other people’s moods as well.
Be forgiving. Not only for others but also for yourself.
No one’s going to be perfect and we’re all going to make “mistakes”. But the key thing to learn is to not beat yourself over something that went wrong, in your mind, and instead, focus on forgiving yourself (and others) and just strive to do better next time. We’re all in this together – growing, learning, developing.
Even on this site, I have moments where I let my sarcasm and feisty-ness shine through, and some posts undoubtedly show frustration, but the core message stays the same. While I may indulge in a little bit of negativity to spread awareness, I also try my best to give others hope and spread the other, more important awareness. That we all can make a difference. And it starts with us as an individual. Accepting others as individuals. And loving them all the same.
Hope You All Have A Great New Year